Sunday, April 19, 2020

Which Came First


These are indeed tense times, and I hesitate to raise this subject right now, but it’s been weighing heavy on me and I must get it off my chest.  I’ve been watching a bunch of You Tube episodes of The Jetsons.  Whatever your political or philosophical affiliation, you simply have to admit that Scooby Doo was totally an Astro rip-off.  That said, since on the show (set in 2062) Astro exists 100 years AFTER Scooby Doo, it could be argued that Astro was in fact a rip-off of Scooby Doo.  I am frankly surprised that Hanna-Barbera didn’t get more heat over this glaring and obvious comparison back when Scooby Doo debuted.  Anyway, since there’s no winning this debate, and in the interest of harmony, let’s just agree to disagree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment